What is MOMS?
MOMS is a weekly Bible study for mothers with children of all ages to help them grow in love for God by studying his Word and connecting with other moms in meaningful relationships. Participants meet weekly in a small group to discuss the study, pray together, and socialize.
Join us for a time of encouragement and study this year. We trust God will use it to grow your trust in him and strengthen your family.
About the Spring Studies
We will work through both of these studies in the spring semester (January – May), starting with Truthfilled and finishing with Never Alone.
Join Ruth Chou Simons in this video-based study of the Book of Colossians as she leads us through a practice of preaching gospel truth to ourselves by studying Paul’s example. In every changing season of life, we can rest in God’s character, rehearse our identity in Christ, respond in faith, and remember God’s provision for us. In today’s culture, there’s no shortage of self help, easy fixes, and worldly advice, but only the truth of God’s Word was meant to fill you up and satisfy you fully.
In this study by Jeannie Cunnion, discover how the Holy Spirit’s presence and power transform how you lead and love your kids. You’ll be invited to wrestle through the question, Do I really know how to parent in the power of the Holy Spirit, or have I settled for parenting in my own power?
How To Meet
MOMS will meet weekly in small groups from January 11-May 10. You can be a part of a MOMS small group in one of five ways:
- Tuesday mornings (9:30-11:30am) at church - with childcare
- Tuesday evenings (6:30-8:30pm) at church - with childcare
- Tuesday evenings (8-9:30pm) online
- Wednesday evenings (6:30-8pm) at church
- Form your own group offsite
Childcare is available for Tuesday mornings and evenings. You will register your child(ren) for childcare on the registration form. Cost for childcare is $30/child for the entire session.
Cost & Registration
The cost for the semester is $25 and includes:
- The Truthfilled study book
- Access to the weekly Truthfilled videos (each about 10 minutes in length)
- Goodies and special treats throughout the semester to keep you motivated and keep us connected
- Opportunities for social connection and other special events
Childcare is available for children birth-age 5 on Tuesday mornings and Tuesday evenings. If you would need childcare for a child older than 5, please reach out to Elyse (email@example.com). Each week, your child will be cared for by background-checked, caring adults in a fun and relaxed environment.
Cost of childcare is $30/child for the entire semester.
Why will MOMS be offering these ways to meet?
- Our goal is to give everyone the chance to participate in a way that is comfortable and possible for each of us. We're excited to have small groups back at church on Tuesdays, but we are also thrilled to offer a group at church on Wednesday evenings (Kid Trek moms...we are thinking of you). And we know that online is most convenient and most comfortable for some, so we're so thankful to also be able to offer a Tuesday evening online group.
How many will be in my group?
- This will be determined by how many people register for each time session, but we hope to keep groups to 10 women each.
What COVID-related regulations will exist?
- We will follow the meeting room guidelines established by the Village Church Safety Team. They monitor and evaluate recommendations from the Illinois Department of Health and CDC. You can view the most recent guidelines here - www.vcgurnee.org/covid. Rooms will be set for socially-distanced seating and tables will be cleaned before each meeting.
I’d prefer to meet online. Is there a way for us to do that?
- Contact Elyse (firstname.lastname@example.org) to communicate this need. If there is enough interest in an online group, we will do our best to make it happen.