What is MOMS?
MOMS is a weekly Bible study for mothers with children of all ages to help them grow in love for God by studying His Word and connecting with other moms in meaningful relationships. Participants meet weekly in a small group to discuss the study and pray together.
Moms… Now more than ever, we need each other. Join us for a time of encouragement and study this year. We trust that God will use it to grow your trust in Him and strengthen your family.
About the Spring Studies
This semester, we will walk through two studies together: Finding I Am by Lysa TerKeurst and Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin. The recommended schedule begins the week of January 10 and goes through the beginning of May.
Finding I Am by Lysa TerKeurst
Join Lysa TerKeurst on the streets of Israel to explore the seven I AM statements of Jesus found in the Gospel of John. Through this study, we will:
- Be encouraged to trade feelings of emptiness and depletion for the fullness of knowing who Jesus is like never before.
- Find freedom in difficult circumstances by learning how to shift from “slave mentality” to “set free mentality”.
- Discover how Jesus is the key to satisfaction by learning the crucial significance behind each of His I AM statements.
Each week has four days of homework and an optional fifth day of study through the book of John. Each week also includes a video (<25 minutes each) of Lysa, that should be viewed as a part of your homework prior to your group meeting. Discussion questions are included to guide your group’s conversation each week. Click to hear more from Lysa about this study.
Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin
We all know it’s important to study God’s Word. But sometimes it’s hard to know where to start. How can we, as Christian women, keep our focus and sustain our passion when reading the Bible? This book will:
- Offer a clear and concise plan to help women go deeper in their study of Scripture.
- Equip you to engage God’s Word in a way that trains your mind and transforms your heart.
- Encourage you in keeping focus and sustaining passion when reading the Bible.
Discussion questions are included to guide your group’s conversation each week. Click to hear more from Jen about why she wrote this book and how it can benefit you.
Forming A Group
Groups are able to form on their own and use church meeting rooms or meet off-campus in a format and location that works best for those in your group. We want you to be able to gather some fellow moms (think friends from MOMS, neighbors, sisters…) to do the study at a day, time, and format that is best for you. We hope this option will give you the resources you need to have a no-fuss, low-stress, and high-impact semester of study.
If you plan to use a room at church, email Elyse (firstname.lastname@example.org) to verify that the day and time you are looking for has space available. Space is limited due to social distancing accommodations.
Need to get connected to a group? We can help! There are questions on the registration form to start the process.
What You Need to Know
- Find a group.
- Invite a friend or two (or three or four!) and set a time to meet each week. You’ll note your plan on your registration form.
- Need help getting connected? No problem! You’ll answer questions on your registration form that will help us connect you to a group.
- Fill out the registration form on Realm.
- Watch for an email update after registering that will include the link to the videos, recommended schedule, and other study tips.
Cost & Registration
The cost for the semester is $25 and includes:
- The Finding I Am study book, complete with discussion questions for each lesson that can guide your conversation
- Access to the Finding I Am weekly videos (each <25 minutes in length)
- The Women of the Word book, complete with discussion questions for each chapter that can guide your conversation
- Use of the MOMS Zoom account for your meeting (so you don’t run up against the 45-minute limit on the free account)
- A recommended study schedule, running from January 10 through May 7
- Special treats and giveaways throughout the semester to keep you motivated and keep us connected
- Opportunities for social connection and other special events (All events held will fit social distancing guidelines released by the CDC using the recommendations from the State of Illinois and will be outdoors if possible.)