When we deepen our friendships, we deepen our faith. One of our priorities is helping people connect with each other in significant ways. Village Church has small groups, events and classes for every stage of life.
One of our priorities is helping people connect:
- Small Groups focus on friendship, prayer, and bible study and entail a longer term investment. Some groups also find ways to serve together.
- Classes/Studies focus for a shorter season (4-12 weeks) on a specific topic (financial health, marriage enrichment, spiritual growth, biblical archaeology, etc.)
- Special Interest groups range in length and subject matter. Some are activity-driven and seasonal, some address a stage of life, some focus on a special cause (Hiking, Writing, Aviation, Caring for aging parents, etc.)
Groups is a great place to start!
Click on any of the expandable links below for more ways to get connected at Village Church.
It’s important for men to connect with and challenge one other in life, family, and ministry. These days manhood is defined in confusing ways, but God's Word offers clarity and direction, and discovering that in community is our goal with men. Together we'll build each other up, have real conversations about the things that really matter, and strengthen each other to become the men God has created us to be.
Weekly Study Groups
- Tuesdays, 6:15-7:30am, Room 207
- Wednesdays, 6:30-8pm, Room 102
- Saturdays, 7-8:30am, Room 102
- Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30am, Gojo's Restaurant (Waukegan)
Come study God's word with other men. Bring your Bible, a notebook, and a pen. No need to register, just show up.
Visit the Events page for more opportunities for men.
Women are pulled in many different directions these days. There are internal and external expectations that weary our hearts, minds, and bodies. Whether you are a full-time employee, full-time at home, or looking for your next life step, your hours are full. So wherever you find yourself, we want to come alongside and encourage you in your relationship with Jesus and others.
- Monday, April 9-June 25
Walking in the Dust of Rabbi Jesus
- Tuesday, beginning April 10
- Purchase your own book
To Live Is Christ
- Wednesday, ongoing thru year
- 9:30-11:30am, Room 101
- Cost: $16
The Armor of God
- Wednesday, begins January 10
- 9:15-11:15am, Room 104
- Cost: $16
The Book of Jonah
- Friday, ongoing through year
- 10am-Noon, Room 207
Visit the Events Page for more opportunities for women.
MOMS - Making Our Mothering Significant
This is a weekly Tuesday ministry for moms with children of all ages to help them connect with each other in meaningful relationships, learn marriage & parenting skills, and grow in their relationship with the Lord. MOMS features large group sessions, guest speakers, small group settings and a mentoring dynamic that offers support and encouragement.
The MOMS ministry program runs September-May, taking breaks for regularly scheduled school holidays.
Once MOMS fills up a waiting list will be established and spots will be filled as they become available.
- 9am: Childcare check-in & Social time
- 9:30-11am: Speaker days & Small group
- Childcare is through Kid Town program (0-5 years)
- Costs per ministry year: $75 first child ; $50 each additional child
- 6:45-8:30pm: Childcare check-in & Group time
- Childcare is through Kid Trek (1st-5th grade)
A Beautiful Mess
Kid Town Children's Program
Tuesday Morning: 0-5 years
Tuesday Evening: 1st-5th graders
Childcare for MOMS is available for a fee through the Kid Town Childcare program. Online methods of payment include credit card and checking account debit. Registration and booking fees must be paid in full and are not refundable after the first week of September. Half of the childcare costs are due at registration with the remainder due in February. Registration forms may also be picked up and submitted in the church office.
Financial assistance is available by filling out the MOMS Registration form and the Application for MOMS Financial Assistance form. Contact Mariya Panagiotopoulos for further info.
Costs per ministry year:
$75: first child
$50: each additional child
Single Moms Dinner & Study
- Wednesdays, 6-8pm
- Room 104
Come for a great family meal, a time of connection with other moms, and dig into God's word with us. Free childcare is available, we just ask that you let us know you're coming by the Tuesday before so we can schedule plenty of workers and prepare enough food.
- Two Thursdays each month
RECHARGE is designed to build bridges to young moms in our community by providing a place for them to connect, receive encouragement, and leave with increased confidence in their role as mothers.
The first years of mothering are hard. We are told to cherish these years, which pass all too quickly. The years may pass quickly, but the days can seem to crawl! That’s why Moms need other moms to make it through these years. That’s what RECHARGE is all about; giving mothers a chance to connect with each other. While connecting we’ll have some fun, hear a speaker, enjoy some food, and maybe even make a Pinterest-inspired craft.
If you’d like to attend, contact Joy Helfers, RECHARGE Coordinator.
Meta & Momentum
Meta - college-age singles
- Sunday, 7-9pm, various locations
Visit the Meta Facebook page for more info.
Momentum - singles in their 20s and 30s
- Sunday, 10:45am, Room 104
Each group is committed to helping single adults grow in their relationship with Jesus, connect with one another, serve in the church, and reach our community. In addition to the weekly group meetings, check out the Meta and Momentum events below.
Visit the Events Page for more opportunities for singles.
Adults w/ Special Needs
- Sundays, 9am, Room 106
THRIVE! is a ministry specially designed for teens and young adults with special needs. To meet this vision, the THRIVE! team will:
- Share God’s truth of salvation through Jesus in developmentally-appropriate biblical teaching
- Facilitate learning and participation with hands-on individualized activities
- Create a safe place to engage in times of sharing and prayer
- Encourage the development of a personal relationship with Jesus
- Develop opportunities to connect outside the Sunday morning class
- Provide service opportunities to promote inclusion within the body of Christ at Village Church
In his word God affirms the value of every human being regardless of ability. We were “knit together in my mother’s womb...fearfully and wonderfully made,” and he has “plans...to give you hope and a future” (Psalm 139:13-14; Jeremiah 29:11). At Village Church we desire to develop individuals with developmental limitations to GROW, CONNECT, SERVE, and REACH their generation for Christ.
Marriage is an adventure. All you need is love, right? Village Church believes that God desires much more for our most significant earthly relationship than we can ever imagine for ourselves. He desires for us to grow in Christ-likeness. For these reasons, we offer a marriage ministry that includes various opportunities for both engaged and married couples to grow. We do it in healthy, challenging and enjoyable communities where real connection can be experienced.
Visit the Events Page for more opportunities for couples.