When we deepen our friendships, we deepen our faith. One of our priorities is helping people connect with each other in significant ways. Village Church has small groups, events and classes for every stage of life.
One of our priorities is helping people connect:
- Small Groups focus on friendship, prayer, and bible study and entail a longer term investment. Some groups also find ways to serve together.
- Classes/Studies focus for a shorter season (4-12 weeks) on a specific topic (financial health, marriage enrichment, spiritual growth, biblical archaeology, etc.)
- Special Interest groups range in length and subject matter. Some are activity-driven and seasonal, some address a stage of life, some focus on a special cause (Hiking, Writing, Aviation, Caring for aging parents, etc.)
Groups is a great place to start!
Click on any of the expandable links below for more ways to get connected at Village Church.
It’s important for men to connect with and challenge one other in life, family, and ministry. These days manhood is defined in confusing ways, but God's Word offers clarity and direction, and discovering that in community is our goal with men. Together we'll build each other up, have real conversations about the things that really matter, and strengthen each other to become the men God has created us to be.
Weekly Study Groups
Wednesday men's study is cancelled for 1/30
- Tuesdays, 6:15-7:30am, Room 207
- Wednesdays, 6:30-8pm, Room 102
- Saturdays, 7-8:30am, Room 102
- Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30am, Gojo's Restaurant (Waukegan)
Come study God's word with other men. Bring your Bible, a notebook, and a pen. No need to register, just show up.
Visit the Events page for more opportunities for men.
Women are pulled in many different directions these days. There are internal and external expectations that weary our hearts, minds, and bodies. Whether you are a full-time employee, full-time at home, or looking for your next life step, your hours are full. So wherever you find yourself, we want to come alongside and encourage you in your relationship with Jesus and others.
Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed
- Mondays, January 14-February 25
- 7-9pm in Room 104
- Cost: $13 for book
- Order study book from Lifeway
Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed: A Study of David - Beth Moore, Priscilla Shirer, and Kay Arthur explore their lives and the life of David in this six-session Bible study. The messages presented by these beloved authors are divided into three segments, two lessons from each author. Each segment focuses on the life of David at a different stage of his life: as a young man, as a middle-aged man, and as a man facing the final third of his life. You’ll laugh with them, cry with them, and learn to love God with them.
Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus
- Tuesdays, February 5-May 14
- 6:30pm in Conference Room
- Purchase book from Amazon
Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus takes you on a fascinating tour of the Jewish world of Jesus, offering inspirational insights that can transform your faith. Ann Spangler and Lois Tverberg paint powerful scenes from Jesus’ ministry, immersing you in the prayers, feasts, history, culture, and customs that shaped Jesus and those who followed him.
- Wednesdays, February 6-May 29
- 9:30-11:30am in Room 207
- Purchase your book
In this study from Priscilla Shirer learn how instead of ignoring, neglecting, or trying to escape your weaknesses, to see them as the gifts that they are, given specifically and strategically by God to unlock the door of God’s strength.
The Books of 1-2-3 John
- Fridays, October 19-May 31
- 10-11:30am in Room 207
Comfortable Christianity often means a weak Christianity. In this study on John’s three letters, Dr. Tony Evans challenges Christians who have grown comfortable and complacent in their faith. Fellowship with God is the essence of our faith, and Tony walks through 1, 2 & 3 John to paint a picture of love, obedience, and truth. In a world that hates Jesus, we are called to love Him and His people with a fierce love.
Single Moms Dinner & Study
- Wednesdays, beginning September 19
- 6-8pm in Room 104
All single moms and their kids are welcome for dinner together, and then the kids will go to childcare/Kid Trek and moms with dig into God's Word. The group will kick off the new ministry year with ALPHA as our focus. Childcare is free but you must register!
- Tuesdays, September-May
- Morning: 9-11:30am
- Evening: 6:45-8:30pm
Visit the Events Page for more opportunities for women.
Marriage is an adventure. All you need is love, right? Village Church believes that God desires much more for our most significant earthly relationship than we can ever imagine for ourselves. He desires for us to grow in Christ-likeness. For these reasons, we offer a marriage ministry that includes various opportunities for both engaged and married couples to grow. We do it in healthy, challenging and enjoyable communities where real connection can be experienced.
Visit the Events Page for more opportunities for couples.
Meta & Momentum
Meta - college-age singles
- Sunday, 7-9pm, various locations
Visit the Meta Facebook page for more info.
Momentum - singles, all ages
- Sunday, 10:45am, Room 104
Each group is committed to helping single adults grow in their relationship with Jesus, connect with one another, serve in the church, and reach our community. In addition to the weekly group meetings, check out the Meta and Momentum events below.
Visit the Events Page for more opportunities for singles.
Adults w/ Special Needs
- Sundays, 9am, Room 106
THRIVE! is a ministry specially designed for teens and young adults with special needs. To meet this vision, the THRIVE! team will:
- Share God’s truth of salvation through Jesus in developmentally-appropriate biblical teaching
- Facilitate learning and participation with hands-on individualized activities
- Create a safe place to engage in times of sharing and prayer
- Encourage the development of a personal relationship with Jesus
- Develop opportunities to connect outside the Sunday morning class
- Provide service opportunities to promote inclusion within the body of Christ at Village Church
In his word God affirms the value of every human being regardless of ability. We were “knit together in my mother’s womb...fearfully and wonderfully made,” and he has “plans...to give you hope and a future” (Psalm 139:13-14; Jeremiah 29:11). At Village Church we desire to develop individuals with developmental limitations to GROW, CONNECT, SERVE, and REACH their generation for Christ.