When we deepen our friendships, we deepen our faith. One of our priorities is helping people connect with each other in significant ways. Village Church has small groups, events, and classes for every stage of life.
One of our priorities is helping people connect:
- Small Groups focus on friendship, prayer, and bible study and entail a longer term investment. Some groups also find ways to serve together.
- Classes/Studies focus for a shorter season (4-12 weeks) on a specific topic (financial health, marriage enrichment, spiritual growth, biblical archaeology, etc.)
- Special Interest groups range in length and subject matter. Some are activity-driven and seasonal, some address a stage of life, some focus on a special cause (Hiking, Writing, Aviation, Caring for aging parents, etc.)
Groups is a great place to start!
Click on any of the expandable links below for more ways to get connected at Village Church.
It’s important for men to connect with and challenge one other in life, family, and ministry. These days manhood is defined in confusing ways, but God's Word offers clarity and direction, and discovering that in community is our goal with men. Together we'll build each other up, have real conversations about the things that really matter, and strengthen each other to become the men God has created us to be.
Weekly Study Groups
- Tuesdays, 6:15-7:30am, Room 207
- Wednesdays, 6:30-8pm, Room 101
- Saturdays, 7-8:30am, Room 102
- Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30am, Gojo's Restaurant (Waukegan)
Come study God's word with other men. Bring your Bible, a notebook, and a pen. No need to register, just show up.
Visit the Events page for more opportunities for men.
Women are pulled in many different directions these days. There are internal and external expectations that weary our hearts, minds, and bodies. Whether you are a full-time employee, full-time at home, or looking for your next life step, your hours are full. So wherever you find yourself, we want to come alongside and encourage you in your relationship with Jesus and others.
- Mondays, beginning January 20
- 7-9pm in Room 207
- Purchase book from Lifeway
Conversation Peace: The Power of Transformed Speech is an interactive Bible study workbook designed for six weeks of individual study and seven small-group sessions. Each week, you’ll be introduced to one powerful speech-transforming element for communication. Then you’ll study and apply what you’ve learned.
- Discover seven powerful speech-transforming elements
- Master the skills of effective communicators
- Strengthen your vocabulary with Words from the Word
- Connect with others in a small-group experience
- Freshen Your Breath with weekly Scripture memory
If you’re the type that can’t resist sharing that choice morsel of gossip, throwing that negative barb, or snapping a sarcastic reply–or if you bottle up those impulses inside–this study will help revolutionize your speech habits and improve your relationships. Let God’s Word change you from the inside out! Be transformed!
- Wednesday, begins January 8
- 9:30-11:30am, Room 104
- Purchase book from Christianbook
Study Scripture with N.T. Wright! Have you noticed how sometimes you have a story in the back of your mind that keeps coming up, even when you're talking about something else? In Ephesians, throughout its worship, prayers and instructions for living, Paul can't contain his joy and amazement at the larger story of God's plan to save us in Jesus the Messiah. These eleven studies from N.T. Wright will help us see the significance of our role in God's grand narrative, and encourage us to live more fully as people who are lavishly loved by God.
- Fridays, beginning January 8
- 10am-noon, Room 207
Christianity calls us to sacrifice instead of living for oneself. We have to choose one or the other; we can't do both. The Christians in Corinth tried to live the Christian life in a worldly way. Paul wrote the letter of 1 Corinthians to a divided and self-centered people to remind them to follow Jesus and only Jesus.
In this 12-part series, author and speaker Jennie Allen walks into the messy lives of the Corinthians and takes us through Paul's words to the conflicted church. We'll see how the truth of the gospel and the Spirit of God can empower us to choose to follow Jesus every day of our lives.
- Tuesdays, September-May
- Morning: 9-11:30am
- Evening: 6:45-8:30pm
Visit the Events Page for more opportunities for women.
Marriage is an adventure. All you need is love, right? Village Church believes that God desires much more for our most significant earthly relationship than we can ever imagine for ourselves. He desires for us to grow in Christ-likeness. For these reasons, we offer a marriage ministry that includes various opportunities for both engaged and married couples to grow. We do it in healthy, challenging and enjoyable communities where real connection can be experienced.
Visit the Events Page for more opportunities for couples.
Meta & Momentum
Meta - college-age singles
- Sunday, 7-9pm, various locations
Visit the Meta Facebook page for more info.
Momentum - singles, all ages
- Sunday, 10:45am, Room 104
Each group is committed to helping single adults grow in their relationship with Jesus, connect with one another, serve in the church, and reach our community. In addition to the weekly group meetings, check out the Meta and Momentum events below.
Visit the Events Page for more opportunities for singles.
Adults w/ Special Needs
- Sundays, 9am, Room 106
THRIVE! is a ministry specially designed for teens and young adults with special needs. To meet this vision, the THRIVE! team will:
- Share God’s truth of salvation through Jesus in developmentally-appropriate biblical teaching
- Facilitate learning and participation with hands-on individualized activities
- Create a safe place to engage in times of sharing and prayer
- Encourage the development of a personal relationship with Jesus
- Develop opportunities to connect outside the Sunday morning class
- Provide service opportunities to promote inclusion within the body of Christ at Village Church
In his word God affirms the value of every human being regardless of ability. We were “knit together in my mother’s womb...fearfully and wonderfully made,” and he has “plans...to give you hope and a future” (Psalm 139:13-14; Jeremiah 29:11). At Village Church we desire to develop individuals with developmental limitations to GROW, CONNECT, SERVE, and REACH their generation for Christ.