When we deepen our friendships, we deepen our faith. One of our priorities is helping people connect with each other in significant ways. Village Church has small groups, events, and classes for every stage of life.
One of our priorities is helping people connect:
- Small Groups focus on friendship, prayer, and bible study and entail a longer term investment. Some groups also find ways to serve together.
- Classes/Studies focus for a shorter season (4-12 weeks) on a specific topic (financial health, marriage enrichment, spiritual growth, biblical archaeology, etc.)
- Special Interest groups range in length and subject matter. Some are activity-driven and seasonal, some address a stage of life, some focus on a special cause (Hiking, Writing, Aviation, Caring for aging parents, etc.)
Groups is a great place to start!
Click on any of the expandable links below for more ways to get connected at Village Church.
It’s important for men to connect with and challenge one other in life, family, and ministry. These days manhood is defined in confusing ways, but God's Word offers clarity and direction, and discovering that in community is our goal with men. Together we'll build each other up, have real conversations about the things that really matter, and strengthen each other to become the men God has created us to be.
Weekly Study Groups
- Tuesdays, 6:15-7:30am, Room 207
- Wednesdays, 6:30-8pm, Room 101
- Saturdays, 7-8:30am, Room 102
- Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30am, Gojo's Restaurant (Waukegan)
Come study God's word with other men. Bring your Bible, a notebook, and a pen. No need to register, just show up.
Visit the Events page for more opportunities for men.
Women are pulled in many different directions these days. There are internal and external expectations that weary our hearts, minds, and bodies. Whether you are a full-time employee, full-time at home, or looking for your next life step, your hours are full. So wherever you find yourself, we want to come alongside and encourage you in your relationship with Jesus and others.
To Live is Christ
- Mondays, October 7-December 9
- 7-9pm in Room 207
- Purchase book from Lifeway
To Live is Christ: The Life and Ministry of Paul - Bible Study Book by Beth Moore provides a personal study experience five days a week plus viewer guides for the group video sessions of this in-depth women's Bible study on the life and ministry of Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles. Paul served faithfully, loved heartily, and demonstrated what it means to die daily, crucified with Jesus Christ. Join Beth Moore in a journey to discover a greater appreciation for his unflagging faith and undying devotion to servanthood.
- Wednesday, begins September 11 and goes through May
- 9:30-11:30am, Room 104
- Purchase book from Lifeway
We were never meant to take this journey of faith alone or in secret. God has entrusted us with the great and mighty gift of the gospel, something too precious and life-giving to keep to ourselves.
In this 6-session Bible study, Beth will encourage you to guard what God has entrusted to you, further His kingdom by sharing Christ with others, and pour into future generations just as Paul once mentored Timothy. Because in this journey of joy and hardship, we need each other to stay the course and live a life of faithfulness.
- 6:30pm in Room 104
- Purchase book from Precepts
When suffering and affliction wear you down, when grief and sorrow are near, there is One who knows your pain. When guilt and shame overwhelm, the One who knows you fully offers the perfect remedy.
In this 8-week flexible study, you’ll come face to face with Jesus in the pages of the Old Testament and find the confidence you need to walk in hope even during life’s most difficult days.
- Tuesdays, September-May
- Morning: 9-11:30am
- Evening: 6:45-8:30pm
Visit the Events Page for more opportunities for women.
Marriage is an adventure. All you need is love, right? Village Church believes that God desires much more for our most significant earthly relationship than we can ever imagine for ourselves. He desires for us to grow in Christ-likeness. For these reasons, we offer a marriage ministry that includes various opportunities for both engaged and married couples to grow. We do it in healthy, challenging and enjoyable communities where real connection can be experienced.
Visit the Events Page for more opportunities for couples.
Meta & Momentum
Meta - college-age singles
- Sunday, 7-9pm, various locations
Visit the Meta Facebook page for more info.
Momentum - singles, all ages
- Sunday, 10:45am, Room 104
Each group is committed to helping single adults grow in their relationship with Jesus, connect with one another, serve in the church, and reach our community. In addition to the weekly group meetings, check out the Meta and Momentum events below.
Visit the Events Page for more opportunities for singles.
Adults w/ Special Needs
- Sundays, 9am, Room 106
THRIVE! is a ministry specially designed for teens and young adults with special needs. To meet this vision, the THRIVE! team will:
- Share God’s truth of salvation through Jesus in developmentally-appropriate biblical teaching
- Facilitate learning and participation with hands-on individualized activities
- Create a safe place to engage in times of sharing and prayer
- Encourage the development of a personal relationship with Jesus
- Develop opportunities to connect outside the Sunday morning class
- Provide service opportunities to promote inclusion within the body of Christ at Village Church
In his word God affirms the value of every human being regardless of ability. We were “knit together in my mother’s womb...fearfully and wonderfully made,” and he has “plans...to give you hope and a future” (Psalm 139:13-14; Jeremiah 29:11). At Village Church we desire to develop individuals with developmental limitations to GROW, CONNECT, SERVE, and REACH their generation for Christ.