Mission-Vision-Values Discernment Process
A movement of discerning God's will today for the Village Church of tomorrow.
And he said to him, "If your presence will not go with me, do not bring us up from here."
We are in a season of discerning the next Mission, Vision, and Values of Village Church. Join with the church leadership and help saturate this process with prayer so we can discern God's will today for the Village Church of tomorrow.
- 2019: Assessment by interim pastor and congregation noting the need for a fresh articulation of Village Church's Mission-Vision-Values
- November 2019: Leadership retreat for brainstorming, prayer, and discussion
- 2020: Pastor David and Elders form a strategic discernment team to spearhead the church-wide process
- January 2020: All staff meeting for brainstorming, prayer, and discussion
- January 2020: Staff/Elder retreat for brainstorming, prayer, and discussion
- April 2020: Membership meeting update on the discernment process
- May 2020: Prayer and introductory meeting for the strategic discernment team
- June 2020: Discernment team meeting to discuss Values: Who We Are
- July 2020: All church prayer initiative begins for the discernment process
- August 2020: Two days of prayer and working to articulate Village Church's values
- September 2020: Two sub-teams work on word-smithing value statements
- September 2020: Two days of meetings discussing God's Mission and Village Church's Mission
- November 2020: Two days working on the mission statement
- December 2020: Sub-team worked on shaping the mission statement
- January 2021: Two days working on vision statement. Additional edits to the mission statement are made.
- February 2021: Two days working on vision statement and strategy.
Mission-Vision-Values Prayer Initiative
Let's come together and cover this process in prayer. Write out a prayer(s) and submit it. All prayers submitted will be posted on the prayer walls at church.